🚨 IMPORTANT 2.80 INFO 🚨If you’re updating to 2.80 you’ll need to follow the instructions posted on the Line 6 Support Forums
STEP 1: BACK IT UP!
In todays Quick Tip post, you'll learn how to (quickly and easily) update your Line 6 Helix – you'll be up and running with the latest sounds in no time!
I know that you’ve been waiting a long time for this update but you must resist the urge to just update without backing up everything first. You don’t want to lose any of your presets, setlists, or snapshots so do the smart thing and just back it up (be sure to do this with your current version of HX Edit).
Even if it’s your first time firing up your new Helix, you’ll want to go through the backup process in HX Edit just to familiarize yourself with the steps. Helix Rack users, make sure Helix Control is turned off.
- Open HX Edit
- Select “File” then “Create Backup”
- Choose a destination then select “Create Backup”
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE
Go to - https://line6.com/software/ to download and install the latest HX Edit Update. This will also install the most recent version of the Line 6 Updater app.
STEP 3: INSTALL THE UPDATE
It is important that you quit HX Edit and all other audio apps as well – i.e. iTunes, Spotify, Pro Tools, etc.
- Connect your Helix to your computer via USB
- Open the Line 6 Updater and sign into your account
- Select the Helix you wish to update
- Choose the newest version to update the latest firmware
- Click “Continue” and accept “Terms & Conditions”
- DO NOT TURN YOUR HELIX OFF DURING THE UPDATE!
Your Helix will restart automatically after which, you’re all set to continue rocking!